help i need advice
 
Notifications
Clear all

help i need advice

26 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
673 Views
(@darkchick09)
New Member
Joined: 10 months ago
Posts: 1
Topic starter  

ok heres the deal. ive decided to go to college but cant decide what for. here are the requirments of my ideal job. very little if any physical work, it doesnt have to pay 100 grand per year but enough to live ok on, not much stress, and something like m-f 9-5 would be nice but i guess it really doesnt matter as long as it isnt like 12 hour shifts 6 days per week. I like alot of free time. I was thinking nurse or x-ray tech because it seems like they can pretty much pick their own hours. anybody have any suggestions?


   
Quote
(@ben21)
New Member
Joined: 10 months ago
Posts: 1
 

Personal assistant. Or (the politically incorrect term)...a plain old secretary.


   
ReplyQuote
KingOfPain
(@kingofpain)
Eminent Member
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 27
 

if you want short hours, then go into teaching.. thats what drew me to it. Be home by three and have the whole fucking summer off.


   
ReplyQuote
metal machine
(@metal-machine)
Active Member
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 15
 

Hmm, let's see. You are a chick, and you'd like a job not requiring any real work, so kind of a lying about thing. Do you mind walking around, or more or less back and forth? Are you looking forward to having a lot of time to think, or just stand around blowing bubbles or smoking? As for long shifts, how about many short shifts of perhaps ten minutes each? Do you like to meet people? Are you very discerning in the type of individual you like to work, shall we say, "with"? Does this sound about right? I can't think of any such jobs offhand, unfortunately... These days it seems that every job has stress and everyone is on the edge. It's pretty difficult to find any sort of reasonable paying job that won't give you tension. Maybe like KOP said, teaching might be interesting. Metal


   
ReplyQuote
Wrought
(@wrought)
Eminent Member
Joined: 11 months ago
Posts: 20
 

Originally posted by metal machine Hmm, let's see. You are a chick, and you'd like a job not requiring any real work, so kind of a lying about thing. Do you mind walking around, or more or less back and forth? Are you looking forward to having a lot of time to think, or just stand around blowing bubbles or smoking? As for long shifts, how about many short shifts of perhaps ten minutes each? Do you like to meet people? Are you very discerning in the type of individual you like to work, shall we say, "with"? Does this sound about right? I can't think of any such jobs offhand, unfortunately... These days it seems that every job has stress and everyone is on the edge. It's pretty difficult to find any sort of reasonable paying job that won't give you tension. Maybe like KOP said, teaching might be interesting. Metal :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:


   
ReplyQuote
FOX
 FOX
(@fox)
Trusted Member
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 56
 

Originally posted by darkchick09 ok heres the deal. ive decided to go to college but cant decide what for. here are the requirments of my ideal job. very little if any physical work, it doesnt have to pay 100 grand per year but enough to live ok on, not much stress, and something like m-f 9-5 would be nice but i guess it really doesnt matter as long as it isnt like 12 hour shifts 6 days per week. I like alot of free time. I was thinking nurse or x-ray tech because it seems like they can pretty much pick their own hours. anybody have any suggestions? LOL I'm having a tough time finding adaquate words here... Truth be told, you don't need college to find what your looking for. Whats your idea of little physical work? I think your idea of having a cushy job after college is a bit skewed...the big lesson of college is just how much stress and busy work you are capable of. That is why college grads get naturally the higher paying jobs than high school grads. I earn my pay. Needing a college education so one can sit on thier ass and collect unearned money is exactly what is devaluing the college degree in America. 6 hour days, easy work, and a cozy salary with 2 hour lunch breaks. I dont understand it...? Get a college degree and then do nothing with it??? FOX


   
ReplyQuote
bull35
(@bull35)
Eminent Member
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 41
 

RN's make good money plus they're in short supply right now. Hours can be long if you're working in a hospital though. That's what I would do.


   
ReplyQuote
Rockice
(@rockice)
Eminent Member
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 20
 

College aint for you honey! You have no clue what you want to do but yet you have it that your perfect job is one with which little effort is invovled, a lot of free time and banker's hours? Get real would be my first advice. You like a thousand other people act like college is a free meal ticket in the real world. With that attitude you can forget nursing. There is a lot of long hours, stress, and hardwork day in and day out. You remind me of so many kids in college nowadays. They think that going to college atuomatically guarantees them a successful and prosperous and easy life. Doesn't sound like you're ready for college yet dear. Later!


   
ReplyQuote
DrB2K
(@drb2k)
Eminent Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 20
 

Originally posted by metal machine Hmm, let's see. You are a chick, and you'd like a job not requiring any real work, so kind of a lying about thing. Do you mind walking around, or more or less back and forth? Are you looking forward to having a lot of time to think, or just stand around blowing bubbles or smoking? As for long shifts, how about many short shifts of perhaps ten minutes each? Do you like to meet people? Are you very discerning in the type of individual you like to work, shall we say, "with"? Does this sound about right? I can't think of any such jobs offhand, unfortunately... Metal 😀 Heh heh, that's funny! Good point. Honey, who DOESN'T want a job like you are describing? At least you didn't say you wanted to make $100K+ at it though. Sounds like you are a bit of an underachiever. There is nothing wrong with that but unfortunately for you your niche in the job market is VERY limited. You can pretty much rule out anything in the medical field. If you are looking for a cush job with banker's hours, why don't you look into bank teller jobs? Doc


   
ReplyQuote
StudHammer
(@studhammer)
Trusted Member
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 50
 

Originally posted by darkchick09 very little if any physical work, it doesnt have to pay 100 grand per year but enough to live ok on, not much stress, and something like m-f 9-5 I like alot of free time. How about finding a rich guy to be your sugardaddy and you can be a professional sponge.


   
ReplyQuote
Valryan
(@valryan)
Eminent Member
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 37
 

If your asking what to major in, try speech communications or something basic. Your degree really doesn't matter anymore, just as long as you have one. Try government jobs, they pay well, you get all your holidays off and paid for and the retirement's great. I hear the INS is looking. Try thier website.


   
ReplyQuote
(@rebecca)
Active Member
Joined: 10 months ago
Posts: 5
 

I know a lot of people with worthless degrees. What is a good business to start ?


   
ReplyQuote
RockSolid
(@rocksolid)
Active Member
Joined: 10 months ago
Posts: 13
 

Go into Nursing, its in demand, and pays really well.


   
ReplyQuote
Valryan
(@valryan)
Eminent Member
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 37
 

Originally posted by rebecca I know a lot of people with worthless degrees. What is a good business to start ? Personal training. There's always gonna be fat people out there who are too lazy to workout on their own accord. Or you could make money off your looks while your young, then invest it all and live off of the kickbacks.


   
ReplyQuote
Durabolin
(@durabolin)
Trusted Member
Joined: 2 years ago
Posts: 90
 

Originally posted by Valryan Personal training. There's always gonna be fat people out there who are too lazy to workout on their own accord. Or you could make money off your looks while your young, then invest it all and live off of the kickbacks. Good advice, i think im gonna look into personal training. Nursing - in the UK it is hard as hell! a VERY hard college 3 years with basically 12 hour days(after study) mon-fri plus study on weekends.Then nursing is underpaid, overworked and stressful as hell!! Im glad someone said you dont sound like you shouel go to college, because unless you're gifted and call pull off good grades loafing, u should get a job now. In fact get a job now - realise how shit the real world is if you're lazy, then go to college with the fire under your ass to do well


   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: