Notifications
Clear all

My HRT Survey: A couple questions please...

Page 1 / 2

FOX
 FOX
(@fox)
Active Member Members
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 12
Topic starter  

Fellas on HRT.... I mentioned in another thread the recent results of my bloodtest, as well as a follow up blood test. My test levels for the first one were 128. The second test was 202. My doc is supposed to be calling me Monday morning on the course of action. Hopefully he doesn't try to throw a bunch of patches on me or some gel. I want the damn shots! 1. What were YOUR test levels when you got your bloodwork done???? 2. What did your doctor prescribe? I mean as in product and dosage and frequency?? It will be interesting to note what will happen, but I would like to evaluate your guys' imput on this.... Any good advice you have for me? Thank you all in advance... FOX


Quote
Durabolin
(@durabolin)
Active Member Members
Joined: 1 month ago
Posts: 11
 

Bro try this meessage board -it has an entire HRT section - with a doctor there who does HRT: http://www.sculptedbyiron.com I got sick of feeling low so have started on 250mg test and 200mg equipoise. I know the test is way above HRT and EQ is obviously not HRT, but I decided to do 8 weeks of this, and then go down to 125mg of test once a week, and then will bump it up to 250mg once or twice a year. Either way I get bloods done on 6th November so I'll be able to see how high that has put me and if DHT estrogen etc are too much.


ReplyQuote
FOX
 FOX
(@fox)
Active Member Members
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 12
Topic starter  

Dura-bro.... I think I have been to that MB before. Lots of good advice. I am just hoping my doctor is liberal with the test levels and doesnt try some other lame method to bring me up, like the HCG method. Personally I am hoping for good, high test levels, as I dont give a rats ass about the aid in fertility HCG accomplishes, as test could prove what I need and with the added benefits of any birth control purposes it could simultaneously add for me. But hey... What did your initial blood tests come out at number wise? Thanks, FOX


ReplyQuote
Durabolin
(@durabolin)
Active Member Members
Joined: 1 month ago
Posts: 11
 

56 on a range of 300-1000. so even with viagra sex was shit. Now my mood is great, confidence is great and I can fuck like I used to.


ReplyQuote
FOX
 FOX
(@fox)
Active Member Members
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 12
Topic starter  

Mine was 128, second test was 202 I figure the average is 165, and for 24 years old LONG OFF CYCLE it is absolute shit. I dont see many BETTER opportunities for HRT than us. Counting the minutes to when he calls Monday... FOX


ReplyQuote
Durabolin
(@durabolin)
Active Member Members
Joined: 1 month ago
Posts: 11
 

Yeh bro I bet, make sure you insist on the full Swale bloods: total and free test, estrogen, cortisol, prolactin(can supress test), progesterone. DHT. Aso get your cholosterol done. This way when u go back you want to keep DHT normal so no increased hairloss, and if it isn't use finesteride in samll doses, get bloods done and make sure it is with norms again. Like wise with estrogen and adex


ReplyQuote
Kattdaddie
(@kattdaddie)
Active Member Members
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 5
 

Before I started HRT, my blood levels were 260 and my main doc went ahead and put me on the shots at 200mg every 2 weeks. Didn't have insurance at first so the shots and the gel were too expensive, so my doc got me on a prescription assistance program and started me on oxandrin at 20mg a day- did that for 6 months. Then he sent me to an endocrinologist, who took me off everything. My test after 12 weeks was 70, with very high prolactin and estrogen and despite some gyno that pig wouldn't prescribe shit. So I got started on the patches the 10mg not the 5mg- which was free because Androderm finally had a free medication program. Believe it or not, I actually have had higher test levels on the patches and gel- if taken correectly they can mimic natural test production and maximize how much your body produces as well. However, if you have any family history of hair loss or have any now, I would stay away from the gel or patches because they can cause higher levels of DHT than the shots. Peace


ReplyQuote
FOX
 FOX
(@fox)
Active Member Members
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 12
Topic starter  

Originally posted by Kattdaddie Before I started HRT, my blood levels were 260 and my main doc went ahead and put me on the shots at 200mg every 2 weeks. Didn't have insurance at first so the shots and the gel were too expensive, so my doc got me on a prescription assistance program and started me on oxandrin at 20mg a day- did that for 6 months. Then he sent me to an endocrinologist, who took me off everything. My test after 12 weeks was 70, with very high prolactin and estrogen and despite some gyno that pig wouldn't prescribe shit. So I got started on the patches the 10mg not the 5mg- which was free because Androderm finally had a free medication program. Believe it or not, I actually have had higher test levels on the patches and gel- if taken correectly they can mimic natural test production and maximize how much your body produces as well. However, if you have any family history of hair loss or have any now, I would stay away from the gel or patches because they can cause higher levels of DHT than the shots. Peace Luckily, I have insurance so I will be able to afford the shots. Oxandrin....I am assuming he put you on Anavar??? Interesting. So your struggle in getting shots was purely financial? I'll blow my lid if they try haggling me with some lame treatment. I mean, I am 24, been off gear now for close to 3 years and came off properly...so I am very obviously hypogonadal. I dont know...I am a bit nervous. As for my hair...interestingly enough my shit started going at 16 naturally. Now that I think about it, I was full grown way before most guys are. Maybe I am in ANDROPAUSE! My head is shaved so I am not too concerned. I guess if they try giving me the runaround all I can do is ask for a more receptive doctor correct? I really filled my doctor in about how I was feeling, and I gave him ALL the symptoms including this: "This lack of desire is slowly tearing me and my fiance' apart. We are at the end of our rope and I decided to check into this because I want to save our potential marriage" He seemed VERY receptive when I mentioned that. But in all seriousness I AM feeling like garbage. I'll shut up now...I'll keep you posted on tomarrow. FOX


ReplyQuote
ironman_845
(@ironman_845)
Active Member Members
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 19
 

240 was prescribed androderm 5mg patch.. bitched about patches falling off and tried to get depot.. was switched to gel.. now i'm going to ask doc about the possibility of my wife's t levels being elevated because of the gel..


ReplyQuote
droid
(@droid)
New Member Members
Joined: 2 weeks ago
Posts: 1
 

I do not understand how money could get in the way of getting injectable TRT treatment for anyone. A bottle of depo without insurance is around $110. At TRT doses that would one bottle would last 14-20 weeks. thats like $5 dollars a week. If $110 is really a problem you can go to a compounder and get it made for $30 a bottle! DROID


ReplyQuote
ironman_845
(@ironman_845)
Active Member Members
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 19
 

it's not the $$.. doc doesn't want to write a script for depot because he doesn't want to *teach* me how to inject.. arrgh.. try to convince him I can do it and he starts talking about bb hormones so I backed off..


ReplyQuote
RJW
 RJW
(@rjw)
New Member Members
Joined: 2 weeks ago
Posts: 1
 

Why you guys saying the shots are the expensive way to HRT? Actually, the gel and the pacthes are way more expensive A 10 ml bottle of Depo estosterone using 200 mg biweekly is a 5 months supply at $90 but a 30 day supply of Androgel is $162.00 The shots come out way cheaper! .


ReplyQuote
DMW
 DMW
(@dmw)
New Member Members
Joined: 2 weeks ago
Posts: 2
 

Fox, When i went in the first time my level was a 185, he put me on the patches and they were a pain in the ass...the kept coming off. after about a month of them my levle dropped below 150. He switched me over to the gel. Now the gel really sucks.It smells like rubbing alcohol and leaves this white residue on your skin. I did the gel for about another month and my level went down to under 100. he uprd the gel to 2 packs a day and it stabled me off at 100. but it would not increase me. He is now having me try 100mg of test cyp a week. He made my wife come in so she could learn how to shoot a needle in my shoulder so i don't get rammed int he ass with the $15 co-pay every week. My insurance does not cover the script but walmart has it for $107 per 10ml for the upjohn brand which is the best, but i think i can go cheaper through some other sources for less quality. He did mention that if 100 a week didn't do it he was going to bump it to 200 and possibly 300. He said he never goes over 300. DMW


ReplyQuote
FOX
 FOX
(@fox)
Active Member Members
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 12
Topic starter  

Originally posted by ironman_845 it's not the $$.. doc doesn't want to write a script for depot because he doesn't want to *teach* me how to inject.. arrgh.. try to convince him I can do it and he starts talking about bb hormones so I backed off.. LOL!!! It sure is HARD trying to play stupid when you walk into his office and the building shudders when you step! You roll up your sleeve for a delt-shot (size of a grapefruit) and go uhhhh " Is this gunna hurt!?!?! (cough cough) Because I never had one of these before and...OUCH! Is it over yet?" LOL Thats so funny. You could give yourself a perfect shot during a tennis match and he doesnt want to "teach you how" LOL CLASSIC FOX


ReplyQuote
FOX
 FOX
(@fox)
Active Member Members
Joined: 3 weeks ago
Posts: 12
Topic starter  

Originally posted by DMW Fox, When i went in the first time my level was a 185, he put me on the patches and they were a pain in the ass...the kept coming off. after about a month of them my levle dropped below 150. He switched me over to the gel. Now the gel really sucks.It smells like rubbing alcohol and leaves this white residue on your skin. I did the gel for about another month and my level went down to under 100. he uprd the gel to 2 packs a day and it stabled me off at 100. but it would not increase me. He is now having me try 100mg of test cyp a week. He made my wife come in so she could learn how to shoot a needle in my shoulder so i don't get rammed int he ass with the $15 co-pay every week. My insurance does not cover the script but walmart has it for $107 per 10ml for the upjohn brand which is the best, but i think i can go cheaper through some other sources for less quality. He did mention that if 100 a week didn't do it he was going to bump it to 200 and possibly 300. He said he never goes over 300. DMW Thank you for the reply... I am going to try and avoid the patches and gels (of course). I just pray I have a doctor open to the idea of 150-300 a week. It may be a longshot, but if I am 24 i want to start FEELING 24 if you know what I mean. I can always just say my girl is a nursing student or something. Now...you are currently on 100mg/wk. Does your doc go by the BLOOD TESTS? Or is he going by "how you feel?" Thanks alot! FOX


ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: